A Balanced, Seriously Delicious meal on the table within 30 minutes!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined-tails on
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive, or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery spears, chopped on diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice ┬á(I cooked the rice in organic chicken broth, for a little extra flavor?)
- ┬Ż cup frozen organic baby peas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garish
- Toss shrimp with cumin, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. When oil is very hot add shrimp and cook for two minutes on each side, until pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside for a minute.
- Add diced onion, celery, and bell pepper to skillet and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic for another minute.
- Add cooked brown rice to the vegetable skillet, & saute for a minute, until hot.
- Add frozen peas and cook for a couple more minutes until peas are no longer frozen.
- Remove skillet from heat and add shrimp. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe adapted from JoCooks