Have you gone grain-free but still want a crunchy, savory snack on the weekends?
Try these out! They are SIMPLE & the whole fam loves em’????
Preheat oven to 450 degrees f
- 4 medium yellow onions or 2 large sweet onions, sliced into 3/4 inch rings
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbs dried/freeze dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt.
Combine all dry ingredients with a fork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Dip onion rings into beaten eggs, then into the almond flour mixture to coat.
- Work in very small batches so that the almond flour does not become soggy (it will not stick if it’s soggy.)
- Place coated rings in single layer on a flat baking tray coated with avocado or coconut oil. I also sprayed (very lightly) the tops of these with coconut oil immediately before baking, so they were crispy.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until they begin to brown.
Enjoy your weekend!