Weekend food that everyone WANTS to eat!?
- 1 Tbsp olive, or avocado oil
- 2 small onions, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp balsamic, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds, stems & membranes removed
- 3 slices provolone cheese
My biggest problem is NOT eating the food until I’ve taken pictures…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, and vinegar, stir to coat.
- Fill the pepper halves with the chicken mixture and lay in a baking dish.
- Add 4 Tbsps of water to the bottom of the dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cover and top each with a half slice of provolone. Place back in the oven uncovered, and broil until cheese is browned and bubbly, 4-5 more minutes.
Adapted loosely from: skinny ms.