Philly Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Weekend food that everyone WANTS to eat!
- 1 Tbsp olive, or avocado oil
- 2 small onions, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp balsamic, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds, stems & membranes removed
- 3 slices provolone cheese
My biggest problem is NOT eating the food until I’ve taken pictures…
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook about 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and the chicken and cook until browned.
Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, and vinegar, stir to coat.
Fill the pepper halves with the chicken mixture and lay in a baking dish.
Add 4 Tbsps of water to the bottom of the dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove the cover and top each with a half slice of provolone.
Place back in the oven uncovered, and broil until cheese is browned and bubbly, 4-5 more minutes.
Adapted loosely from: skinny ms.