Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
I just made a HUGE batch of these to keep in the freezer for the week!
Swap caffeine and/or candy for THESE in the afternoons, and see how you feel.
OR, Try eating 1 or 2, a half hour before your workout…#PoweredByPumpkin
Serving Size: 1 or 2 balls
Recipe makes: 24-32 balls. (Depending on size)
- 3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal (I used gluten-free thick cut oats)
- 1 cup all-natural Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup all-natural Peanut butter, or Almond butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tbsp ground flax seeds (if ‘dough’ seems too wet, then I add more ground flax, if it’s too dry, add less…start with a smaller quantity)
- 1 cup small chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, chopped peanuts, coconut flakes, or any combination of mix-ins that equal 1 cup total.
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips. You could use dark chocolate/cacao pieces, or just skip them altogether.
Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl until very thoroughly mixed.
Roll into balls of about 1″ in diameter (mine were a bit larger).
Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper & freeze one hour.
Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
More Clean Eating PUMPKIN Recipes here: Cleanfoodcrush.com/pumpkin