Makes 12 regular muffins
- 2 large beaten eggs (room temp)
- 2 cups PB or Almond Butter (creamy smooth-room temp works best)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp unsweetend cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao, or dark chocolate chips. (I like Lily’s brand sweetened with stevia)
- Preheat oven to 350 f
- Spray muffin tray or line with parchment liners.
- Combine eggs, nut butter, maple syrup, pumpkin, baking soda, & vanilla; just until smooth.
- Remove 2 cups batter, and place in a separate bowl.
- In original bowl, add cacao powder & chocolate chips, mix well.
- Scoop 1/2 of EACH batter into each muffin tin, so it’s half chocolate, half pumpkin color.
- Swirl batters together using a toothpick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. They are VERY moist if they are NOT overbaked.