Quinoa Chicken Parmesan with Spiralized Zucchini Noodles
Isn’t this a perfect Holiday meal!?!
Gluten-free, CRUNCHY, Healthified Chicken Parm!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, cut in half, so they are thin (or use 4 small breasts, and pound them, thin & evenly sized)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all natural shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-sugar organic marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. (I used avocado oil or olive oil spray)
In a large saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
Stir Italian seasoning into cooked quinoa, set aside.
Season chicken with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
Working in small batches, dredge chicken first in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing slightly to coat each breast.
Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown, and cooked through.
Top with cheeses and marinara.
Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 3-4 additional minutes.
Serve immediately over spiralized zucchini noodles (I tossed my zucchini in a hot skillet with a touch of olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, for 3 minutes before serving)
Garnish with fresh basil.