It’s FRESH asparagus season!
Choose asparagus that is BRIGHT green, with no shriveling.
Prepare a little extra because roasted asparagus is GREAT to add to your morning eggs, quiches, soups, & especially to have extra on hand to munch on!
- 1.5 lbs thin asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated all natural Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (mandatory)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
Directions for making the PERFECT asparagus:
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees f.
- Place asparagus in a large bowl, and drizzle with oil.
- Toss to coat , then sprinkle with Parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a flat baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in your preheated oven until just tender, 13-15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Sprinkle with lemon & serve!
Did you know that you can store FRESH asparagus in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks by chopping a bit off the ends and placing it end side down in a glass jar with several inches of fresh water – like a bouquet!