A SIMPLE idea for Dinner this week!
We could call this ‘Urban Shrimp & Broccoli’…I’m in NYC for the week & just shot this from the balcony YAY for Eating Clean while on Vacation!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound medium/large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp olive, coconut, or avocado oil, divided
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions
- 2 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 of a Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce, or, I like to use Braggs Liquid aminos (or coconut aminos)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups precooked brown rice or quinoa (optional)
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 4 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan; place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; stir-fry 45 seconds. Add onion mixture to shrimp.
- Add remaining oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add broccoli, mushrooms, & red pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp mixture, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients; bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add precooked brown rice to the meal if you choose. (Stir in hot rice immediately before serving)
- ***I like to pre cook my rice/quinoa, let cool, separate into portion sizes…then freeze in canning jars/Tupperware, or baggies, for QUICK future meals.