Jump to recipe..
Skillet Chicken & Early Spring Veggies
A perfect Weeknight, or Sunday Family dinner in the Springtime ð ð ð ð±
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 10 oz. fresh brussel sprouts, halved
- 8 oz. small, fresh carrots
- 8 oz. very small red potatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sliced fresh lemon
Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
Heat large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, & coat pan.
Sprinkle chicken with just half of the salt and pepper. Cook chicken about 5 minutes, flip and cook just 2 more minutes until just browning. Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
Place all vegetables in pan, sprinkle with other half salt and pepper, and fresh thyme leaves.
Place skillet in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
Add chicken and lemon slices into the pan with veggies.
Bake for another 12 minutes.
Serve with additional lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted loosely from: Cooking Light