Kids ran downstairs asking “what smells so good? “
Serve with a pickle & slice of watermelon!
- 3 yellow bell peppers, halved lengthwise as shown, and seeds removed
- 1 green bell pepper diced very small
- 1.5 lbs lean ground meat (grass fed beef, turkey, or bison)
- 1 medium onion diced very small
- 1/2 cup celery diced very small
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-16 oz organic tomato sauce or organic strained tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar free/low sugar ketchup
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Brown meat with the peppers, onion, garlic & celery in a large saute pan.
- Remove meat from hot pan.
- With the heat on med/high place yellow pepper halves on in the saute pan and lightly roast each side of the pepper for about 2 minutes. Lay peppers open-faced in a baking pan.
- Combine cooked meat with all remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture, bake for 25-30 minutes.