Fun & Yum! ????
For the spaghetti squash Prep:
- Cut a medium spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- Very lightly coat the inside with olive oil.
- Bake @375 degrees f skin side up, on a flat sheet pan for about 45 minutes.
- Cool just a bit Use a fork to shred “spaghetti” out of the skin.
- Use paper towels to soak up moisture just a bit.
Italian Spaghetti Squash Cups
- cooking spray of choice, I used avocado oil
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash (from 1 large squash) *pat dry very well with paper towels
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 12 muffin tin with oil.
- Place the cooked spaghetti squash in a bowl, along with the egg white, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cheese and combine well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup into each tin, pressing up the side to create a nest.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until the edges become golden and crisp.
Sun-dried Tomato Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup all-natural parmesan, or feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped very fine
- 3 Tbsps minced yellow onion
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp water avocado, or olive oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients very well (except oil) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form 12 even meatballs and fry them in a large saute pan.
- Do not crowd the meatballs or they won’t crisp – Cook for about 3 – 4 minutes, turn over and cook for an additional 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel-lined plate to absorb oil.
- Serve with heated, no-sugar added marinara sauce over spaghetti squash cups.
- Garnish with fresh basil.