Jump to recipe..
Spinach & Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps
These are DELICIOUS! And an awesome appetizer idea!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chile (dried flakes or fresh), chopped (and de-seeded)
- zest of 1 small fresh lime
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided (I like to use 1 Tbsp each of coconut oil & sesame, or olive oil)
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Carrot swirls, (use vegetable peeler)
- Scallions, sliced
- Purple lettuce, thinly sliced
- Cucumber swirls (use vegetable peeler)
- Sesame seeds
- Liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- Freshly sliced lime
In large frying pan, over medium heat, heat 1/2 of the cooking oil, then sauté spinach, cilantro, onion, garlic, ginger, & chile. About 3 minutes. Set aside.
In same pan, brown ground chicken using the other 1/2 of the cooking oil, drain grease. Add previously sautéed veggies back in, along with the fish sauce, lime zest, and salt. Toss, stir to warm & combine.
Fill lettuce leaves with chicken mixture, top with remaining/optional ingredients.
Use your favorites! Works really well as an entertaining dish, where guests serve themselves.
Delicious served as an appetizer with a dipping sauce (chile sauce or a satay/tahini dressing) or on top of a salad.