This salad is bursting with fresh ingredients and a tangy homemade dressing.
Perfect companion for all the Summer Parties, and BBQ’S! ????
Serves 6-8 as a side
- 1 small red onion, cut into thinly sliced half circles
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound garden fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can chick peas, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, or mint, chopped
- Place sliced onions and lemon juice in a small glass bowl, or Ziploc bag. Let sit at room temperature. This will marinade the onions, and make them delicious for the salad.
- In a large sauté pan place 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat, add green beans and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add chick peas and another tablespoon of oil and sauté for about 8 minutes until beans are tender. Add garlic, salt, pepper and cook for another minute. Remove from heat, & cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, pour in the lemon from onions and add the Dijon whisking to combine. While whisking add remaining tablespoon of oil to make a vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl combine cooled pea and bean mixture, marinated onions, sliced tomatoes, thawed peas, chopped parsley, chopped mint/basil and vinaigrette dressing. Stir gently to combine and serve at all of your Summer BBQ’S.