Jump to recipe
Yellow Summer Squash ‘Spaghetti’ with Roasted Tomato Sauce
I flew home from NYC early this morning, and didn’t feel like making much for dinner tonight.
This dish took very little time and effort, and tastes like Summer!
Makes 6 servings
- 3 lbs cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 Tbsps avocado, or extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps organic tomato paste (I like to buy it in little glass jars)
- Red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper, all optional, and to taste
- 4 lbs Yellow Summer Squash, spiralized into noodles (CleanFoodCrush.com/Spiralizer )
- Fresh chopped basil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
Toss tomatoes, shallots, half of the oil, garlic, oregano, tomato paste, salt, pep, and red pepper flakes (if using) in a bowl.
Spread tomato mixture on 2 large rimmed baking sheets, lined with foil.
Roast 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss Summer Squash noodles with salt and remaining oil in a large medium-hot sauté pan, stirring frequently.
I like to sauté this squash for up to 15 minutes, until very tender.
Drain any liquid from squash if needed.
Add roasted tomatoes to the squash, be sure to pour all of the flavorful juices in there too!
Toss, sprinkle with fresh basil, serve warm.