White Sweet Potato Sloppy Joe’s!
One of my favorite ideas for burgers/sliders, or sloppy joes’s on the weekend!
We have a lot of Paleo, & Gluten-free friends, so this serves as a FUN solution!
Clean Sloppy Joes!
My kids love these with a pickle & Slice of watermelon!
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 bell peppers diced small
- 1.5 lbs lean ground meat
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-16 oz organic tomato sauce or organic strained tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup sugar free/low sugar ketchup
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of fresh ground pepper(optional)
- Pinch of stevia (optional)
- Corn chopped from one fresh corncob
For the Potato Bun:
Slice 3 sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick rounds. (I found sweet white potatoes for these!)
Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil & a few pinches of sea salt.
In a Preheated 400 degree oven, Roast potatoes for 20 minutes per side/40 minutes total, until tender in the middle/crunchy on the outside.
For The Sauce:
Brown lean grass-fed ground meat with the peppers, onion, garlic & celery. I have used turkey, beef, & bison-all with great results.
Combine cooked meat with all remaining ingredients.
Heat on med/low while stirring for about 5 minutes, until combined & heated through.
Serve on Potato rounds.