Veggie-Packed Stir Fry
SIMPLE Recipe, & how to make ANY Stir-Fry Clean Eating friendly:
*Use a high quality avocado oil or unrefined coconut oil…just a little goes a long way!
*Use LOTS of your favorite vegetables, 4-6 of your favorites. Buy what is in sale, or in season.
*Chop vegetables as uniformly as possible for best results.
*Always quickly cook your meat (if using) first, then set-aside while cooking veggies.
*Serve over quinoa or brown rice, OR do what I did, and pack the veggies so thick that no grain is required.
Makes 4 servings
Mix & Match YOUR veggie faves
- 2 Tbsps coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsps raw honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tsp unrefined coconut, or avocado oil, divided
- 12-16 ounces chicken strips, or shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli, or cauliflower, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 heads of baby bok choy, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 Tbsp fresh crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Prepare your sauce by whisking the aminos, lime juice, honey and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Heat one tsp of the oil in a non-toxic wok or large skillet over medium- high heat. Once wok is hot, add the chicken, and cook until golden, just a few minutes. Remove chicken or shrimp from the wok and set aside.
Add 2 tsp of the oil to the wok and heat over medium-high; as soon the oil is hot add the broccoli, onions and bell pepper and stir-fry, for 1 minute. Add the remaining oil and then add the carrots, mushrooms, and bok choy; stir-fry for a minute.
Add in the snow peas and continue stir-frying until all vegetables are tender-crisp.
Clear the center of your wok and add garlic and ginger; mash garlic and ginger onto the hot surface with the back of a spatula.
Allow to cook for 30-seconds. Remove the wok from the heat and stir garlic and ginger mixture in with the vegetables.
Return wok to the heat and add in the cooked chicken and sauce you made above; stir-fry for just a minute until hot.