SIMPLE Recipe, & how to make ANY Stir-Fry Clean Eating friendly:
*Use a high quality avocado oil or unrefined coconut oil…just a little goes a long way!
*Use LOTS of your favorite vegetables, 4-6 of your favorites. Buy what is in sale, or in season.
*Chop vegetables as uniformly as possible for best results.
*Always quickly cook your meat (if using) first, then set-aside while cooking veggies.
*Serve over quinoa or brown rice, OR do what I did, and pack the veggies so thick that no grain is required.
Ingredients Mix & Match YOUR veggie faves:
- 2 Tbsps coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsps raw honey
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tsp unrefined coconut, or avocado oil, divided
- 12-16 ounces chicken strips, or shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli, or cauliflower, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 heads of baby bok choy, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 Tbsp fresh crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Prepare your sauce by whisking the aminos, lime juice, honey and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat one tsp of the oil in a non-toxic wok or large skillet over medium- high heat. Once wok is hot, add the chicken, and cook until golden, just a few minutes. Remove chicken or shrimp from the wok and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp of the oil to the wok and heat over medium-high; as soon the oil is hot add the broccoli, onions and bell pepper and stir-fry, for 1 minute. Add the remaining oil and then add the carrots, mushrooms, and bok choy; stir-fry for a minute.
- Add in the snow peas and continue stir-frying until all vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Clear the center of your wok and add garlic and ginger; mash garlic and ginger onto the hot surface with the back of a spatula.
- Allow to cook for 30-seconds. Remove the wok from the heat and stir garlic and ginger mixture in with the vegetables.
- Return wok to the heat and add in the cooked chicken and sauce you made above; stir-fry for just a minute until hot.
- Serve immediately