❄It’s snowing in Utah tonight!❄
You can double or triple this recipe for Food Prepping during the cold months.⛄
Makes 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 lbs shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie is great!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 (15-ounce cans) cannellini, white, or northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed (optional)
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Avocado Slices
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken, beans, corn, and chicken stock, salt, cumin, fennel seeds, oregano, and chili powder.
- Bring to a low simmer for 35-45 minutes until the liquid has reduced and the chili has thickened.
- Add the red pepper flakes and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, avocado, & fresh lime to serve.