Jump to recipe
Air Fryer Pot Roast + Sweet Potatoes
When I think of pot roast, I think of roasting on low heat all day in a slow cooker or in a Dutch oven.
Recently I discovered this technique of cooking a roast in the air fryer for about 30 minutes.
Mind completely blown.
This means we can still enjoy roast beef even on busy weeknights when we aren’t home all day to babysit our cooking appliances or to need to leave something on while not being around to monitor.
The result? So so so good! I really enjoyed the crispy outer layer that an air fryer creates and the super tender meat.
The most important step here is the marinade.
It’s essential to plan ahead for insanely enjoyable flavors and textures. Completely worth the extra (hands-off) time! So plan ahead by a day and throw your roast into a soaking bath of this lively marinade and let it do its thing. You’ll get all the praise!
You will likely have some leftovers to build a sandwich or salad with the next day.
Try this with our Homemade Worcestershire Sauce.
Makes 6 servings
For the Marinade:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsps raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
For the Roast:
- 3 or 4 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 cups sweet potatoes or yam cubed
- 2 tsps avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- garnish with freshly chopped herbs if desired such as parsley or cilantro
To Make Marinade:
Whisk together your freshly squeezed orange juice, aminos/soy sauce, honey/maple syrup, and Worcestershire sauce.