Artichoke Chicken Piccata
If you’ve been following the CFC recipes for a while, you know that chicken piccata is my favorite dish!
I believe there are around 10 different piccata recipes on our site currently! Wow!
I decided to add in the artichokes for this rendition…and I’m sure glad I did! Salty, savory, briny goodness in every bite!
What a delicious, indulgent, meal fit-for-company! If you have someone to impress, then make THIS!
Makes 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and lightly pounded evenly with a kitchen mallet
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste about 1/8 teaspoon each
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil, divided
- 2 Tbsps grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium or homemade chicken bone broth
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3 Tbsps capers
- a small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Add the almond flour to a shallow plate or bowl, and whisk it together with parmesan, sea salt, and pepper. Dredge your chicken pieces on each side into the flour mixture, very gently shaking off the excess. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and add in 1 Tablespoon of your oil. Working in 2 separate batches, add in the coated chicken and cook, until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Use other 1 Tablespoon oil for your second batch of chicken. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Add butter, garlic, and artichokes into that same pan, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in your wine and bring to a high simmer, cooking until all liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Pour in the broth, fresh lemon juice, and capers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5-6 minutes more. Return the crispy chicken to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes more, until it’s all heated through. Be sure to spoon the delicious lemon sauce with a few capers onto each serving of chicken.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese if you like. I really love to serve my piccata with brown rice and roasted seasonal vegetables.