Healthy Autumn Pear + Goat Cheese Chicken Salad
THIS is the taste of Autumn Clean Eating! I LOVE this salad!Makes 3 servings
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 slices of nitrate-free bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1 lb. about 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, coconut oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, or feta cheese
- 2 fresh pears, sliced
- 4 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Preheat a large skillet over med-hi heat. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp of oil and chicken.
Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked throughout and lightly browned on the outside.
In a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce, then top with chicken, pears, onions, bell pepper, celery, bacon, and cheese.
Pour dressing over before serving and gently toss to combine.