We made these yesterday for #FoodPrepSunday as our #HealthyCarb this week! What a treat! You gotta try! They also make an awesome after school snack for the kiddos! ????????????Ingredients:
- One large butternut squash, cut into 1/2″ sticks
- 1 Tbsp avocado, coconut, or virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 f. degrees.
- Place the butternut squash sticks into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with garlic, paprika, thyme and salt. Evenly coat the butternut squash sticks with the oil and seasoning.
- Place the fries evenly in a single layer on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Be sure not to over-crowd the pan, because that will create too much steam, which is often the reason the fries come out soggy when baked.
- This is the reason I use two baking sheets instead of one – being super careful to give each fry the space it deserves.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until tender inside and crispy outside.