Baked Lemon Chicken and Veggies
A one-dish meal PERFECT for Sunday Company, Meal Prep, or a Super-Easy Weeknight idea! Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 lb. bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut to bite-size
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 juice of fresh lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
Place the chopped potatoes and carrots in a large baking dish. Drizzle with half of the oil and then season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Toss a bit to coat. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, a pinch of sea salt and pepper, thyme, lemon juice and garlic until well incorporated. Add in the chicken pieces and toss to coat well.
Place the chicken skin side up on top of the veggies in the baking dish then add in lemon slices.
Bake in the center of your preheated oven, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.