Jump to recipe
Baked Mushroom Chicken 🧄🍄
Super Satisfying Creamy Chicken + Mushrooms needs to find a place on your menu ASAP. This is such a cozy meal on a cold winter’s day.
Where are our MUSHROOM LOVERS at?!❤
The older (wiser😅) I get – the more I absolutely ADORE & CRAVE mushrooms…anyone else? This is a VERY GOOD thing because mushrooms are LOADED with nutritional benefits.
Serve over quinoa or brown rice.
Refrigerate up to 3-4 days. This chicken is AWESOME for meal prep bowls.
🧈 Here’s how to make your own Ghee.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour + 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour for the sauce
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter or ghee, divided
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced if needed (use any of your favorites, I used champignon and shimeji)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken bone broth or stock
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh curly parsley, chopped
- avocado oil
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
Spray or brush a 9 x 13 baking dish with avocado oil.
If your chicken breasts are thick, then slice them in half right down the center to create nice thin breasts so they cook evenly.
Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper on both sides and add the flour to a shallow dish.
Lightly coat your chicken on all sides with flour.
Melt 1 Tablespoon of your ghee/butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the chicken in 2 separate batches and cook for 2 minutes until golden brown then flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter for your second batch.
Transfer your golden brown chicken to your prepared baking dish.
In the same preheated skillet add in your mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
In a small bowl whisk the stock/broth together with 1 Tablespoon of flour until there are no visible lumps.
Pour this stock mixture into your skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring to remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Pour this mushroom sauce over the chicken in the baking dish then sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 15-17 minutes, or just until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot.