Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Soon our gardens and farmers’ markets will be bursting with these bright red beauties!
I LOVE fresh ripe tomatoes right off the vine, and especially in chopped salads…but it’s always fun to have a few good recipes to try out throughout the Summer when tomatoes are inexpensive and found everywhere!
These roasted tomatoes have that Margherita flavor going on, with the melty cheese and basil combo
I think you’re going to REALLY love this one!
Since there are only a few ingredients used here, I really recommend using the absolute freshest, highest quality ingredients you can get your hands on…it really makes all the difference.
Did you know that one single tomato can supply almost half of our daily vitamin C requirements?! Great news for tomato lovers looking to keep our immune system strong!
- 4 medium/large garden tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped basil leaves, or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves to garnish