Beef Enchilada Zucchini Boats
Taco Tuesday the whole family will LOVE!
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1 Tbsp avocado/olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (grass fed if possible)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 medium-large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise and scooped out to create a “boat”
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce (read labels…look for minimal ingredients)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- diced avocado
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat a medium large skillet to medium high heat.
Add oil and onions to the pan. Sauté until translucent or soft, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the ground beef. Cook until there is no more pink in the meat, breaking up meat into small pieces.
Add garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
In a 13×9 inch baking dish, lay zucchini boats flesh side facing up. Scoop the ground beef mixture into the “boat” part of the zucchini.
Pour the red enchilada sauce over the filled zucchini boats.
Sprinkle with cheese. (Optional)
Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 20-22 minutes in preheated oven.
Remove foil from the pan. Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.
Garnish with fresh toppings, and serve.
Leave a Comment Below: