Black Bean Pico De Gallo
There’s probably a million different versions of this basic recipe out there – but that’s why it’s SO great!
This recipe is EXTREMELY flexible and interchangeable! (Drop YOUR favorite tips and additions below in the comments)
Dice up any tomatoes you have on hand.
Use green onions, or diced red onion.
Cilantro, OR any other herb such as parsley works really well too.
Red chili pepper, OR a jalapeno.
Sweet corn from the cob, OR frozen organic corn (thawed).
Black beans, OR any bean of your choice.
Garlic, no garlic, OR use minced shallot.
Fresh lime, OR lemon.
Sooooo…have some FUN and make this to YOUR preferences, while using up whatever you happen to have on hand.
This makes for an EXCELLENT party dip with some good corn chips, a tasty side dish, or simply spoon it over your grilled chicken & fish!
Makes about 4 servings
- 3 cups ripe cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 green onions
- a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 red chili, seeded and diced
- 2 sweet corn on cobb
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste