Jump to recipe
Black Bean Quinoa Chopped Salad
This colorful salad is PERFECT for parties, tonights dinner, or even meal prep! I typically quadruple this recipe for our family of 8 (and always a few friends). Haha…yes, that’s a lot, but I do recommend doubling it because it goes fast!
Lasts pretty well in the fridge thanks to the fresh lime juice, but sometimes I’ll add the avocado right before serving too!
Did you know that quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all of the essential amino acids.
Quinoa also contains fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin E, and many antioxidants!Makes about 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed, OR about 2 cups homemade cooked black beans
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, diced
- a good handful of fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
In a large bowl add all the ingredients and very gently stir to combine. You can serve this immediately or place in airtight containers and refrigerate.It keeps well for up to 3 days, and it’s actually tastier the next day, as the flavors blend together. My avocado does pretty well in this salad thanks to the fresh lime juice…but you COULD add avocado immediately before serving if you’re planning to make ahead.
Remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations!