Jump to recipe
Broccoli + Crisp Apple Salad
Crazy Delicious combo, and a great way to incorporate all the fresh-crisp Fall apples!
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into bite size florets
- 2 fresh crisp apples, cored and chopped bite size
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts, or pecans
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried goji, or cranberries
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 5 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt & pepper to taste (about a 1/2 tsp each)
In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Chill until ready to use.
Bring a medium pot of water to a rapid boil. Add in a tsp of salt and the broccoli florets.
Cook until crisp tender, 1-2 minutes, then drain and rinse in ice water to immediately stop the cooking process.
In a large salad bowl toss together broccoli, apples, walnuts, carrots, goji and red onion.
Pour in dressing and gently toss until evenly coated.