- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast or tenders, cubed into bite-size pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken broth, or stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- juice of one fresh large lemon
- 4 Tbsps fresh dill, to garnish
- Heat your oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add in onions, carrots, celery and then sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute or so.
- Add in the chicken then season everything with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste.
- Continue cooking stirring frequently until the chicken is mostly cooked.
- Add in the bay leaf and pour the broth into the pot, then gently simmer for 15 minutes or so, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- In a large glass jar or mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with your fresh lemon juice.
- Very slowly and carefully, add one laddle of hot soup into the egg/lemon mixture, whisking constantly.
- Repeat this process a couple of times as shown in the video, then add this warmed egg mixture back into the soup pot stirring constantly for several minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings if desired and garnish with fresh dill.
© 2021 © Copyright CleanFoodCrush ® LLC 2014-2021 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com