Jump to recipe
Burrito Stuffed Zucchini Rolls
Yessss! This was soooo good, different, and felt pretty darn SIMPLE tonight!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey, or grass-fed beef
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced ⅛” thick (I used a mandolin)
- Fresh parsley, or basil chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese if desired
Preheat oven to 400 f.
Place the zucchini slices on a sheet tray and roast for about 12 minutes to get them soft and easy to roll.
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add onion and cook until tender, for 4-5 minutes.
Add jalapeño, cumin and garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add meat and cook for about 10 minutes, until it starts to get golden. Stir in the cooked rice, season with sea salt, then set aside.
Spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes into the bottom of a 9″-x-13” baking dish. Top each slice of zucchini with a spoonful of cooked turkey mixture, then roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat to fill the dish.
Bake for 15 minutes more, then garnish with parsley, parmesan cheese and serve hot.