Jump to recipe..
Cabbage Detox Chicken Soup
No, I’m not suggesting that you should eat nothing but cabbage soup for the next week.
I’m just sharing a recipe that contains all the good stuff in terms of adding tons of nutrients, and fiber into your diet while also being super satisfying/filling and low calorie to boot!
Who doesn’t NEED these things during this holiday season!??Each of the ingredients in this soup were selected because they contain incredible healing, digestive, weight loss, and disease-fighting capabilities in my opinion.
Cabbage is the star of this particular soup.
Cabbage is a very underrated vegetable.
In terms of price per cup, a report by the Department of Agriculture (USDA) has shown cabbage to be the second most economical cooked vegetable in terms of price per edible cup.
Yes! Grab you some.Most people don’t know what a powerhouse of a food cabbage really is. I’ve been eating it on the regular for the past 6 years…both in soups and roasted.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that increases the production of antioxidant and detoxification enzymes, and stimulates the production of liver cleansing; it actually helps your liver break down toxins so they can be more easily expelled, and it also has diuretic properties help rid your body of excess liquid, carrying toxins along with it…
Makes 5-6 servings
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil, ghee, or avocado oil (high quality olive oil works too!)
- 1/2 of a small green cabbage, sliced very thinly
- 6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 2 cups frozen or fresh organic green beans, chopped in half if needed for bite size
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- 5 cups homemade bone broth, either chicken or turkey
- 2 cups chopped or shredded leftover chicken, or turkey
- 1 bay leaf
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 tsp each)
- 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley, or cilantro