Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Eggs
This was a FUN little Easter project that turned way out better than I had hoped!
I LOVE making desserts and “candies” for holiday celebrations at home, because it’s a SUPER FUN project, and I know EXACTLY what ingredients go into them.
Take a bit of time to create some holiday memories in the kitchen with the people you love this week…I know the kids REALLY love making their own treats!
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
You’re going to need an egg-shaped silicone mold to create these chocolate eggs. I just hopped on Amazon and found several with fast shipping, listed here.
I like to use the highest cacao chocolate I can find that’s on sale. Read the ingredients!
When we occasionally treat ourselves with cream cheese, I love using pasture-raised “Organic Valley” brand cream cheese .
Makes 4 eggs
For chocolate shells:
- 1 cup high-quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
For the filling:
- 5.5 oz organic cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla, or almond extract
- all-natural apricot, mango or pear jam, as needed (I used no sugar added jam)