Healthy Chicken Avocado and Raspberry Salad
Even on cloudy days we can rely on vibrant colored foods to lift our energy and keep our spirits bright!
- Makes 4 servings
- 4-6 cups salad greens of your choice (I used gem lettuce)
- 1lb. chicken tenders
- 1 cup fresh organic raspberries
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil/olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add I Tbsp oil, let oil heat then add chicken tenders, sea salt and pepper.
Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the chicken is just cooked through and golden.
Once cooked, remove from the heat and keep covered until the salad is ready.
Prep the salad by tossing together the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, or four separate bowls.
Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a small jar with a lid. Close and shake until mixed and slightly emulsified.
Add the chicken and drizzle the dressing over the top.