Chicken Margherita Skillet 🍅🌱
This Chicken Margherita Skillet is a GORGEOUS one-pan dinner idea to help you feed all of your people tonight.
This recipe is SO GOOD! Definitely a new family favorite!
We eat chicken a few times each week, so it’s crucial to have an abundance of DELICIOUS recipes.
Make this a complete meal by serving with cauliflower rice, quinoa, or roasted broccoli.
Divide your chicken mixture equally into 4 separate air-tight containers. Add a 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice or quinoa to each serving.
Cover with lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
◼ Try this Homemade Ghee Recipe:
◼ And gere’s a good homemade pesto recipe.
Makes 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 tsps dried basil
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter or ghee
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour or Arrowroot powder
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup homemade pesto sauce
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
Start with uniform breasts. Trim fat, pound the thicker parts with a mallet if needed to create uniform – ish pieces of chicken. Do not over-pound the chicken, then it cooks too fast, which will dry it out.
Season your chicken with dried basil, sea salt, and pepper. Using your hands, rub seasonings in on all sides of the chicken.
Melt the butter or ghee in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
Add chicken and sear on each side until golden, 5-6 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
In a small bowl whisk the stock and flour together, until flour is fully dissolved.
In your same preheated skillet, sauté the garlic for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add in the stock/flour mixture and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken, 3-4 minutes. Stir in your pesto sauce.
Return the chicken back into the skillet and spoon sauce on top.
Add cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese as shown in the photos.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melty and bubbly.
Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.