Chili-Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
A spicy, tangy version of a hearty Summertime Potato Salad to bring to the BBQ or Potlucks!
The seasonings coating the roasted sweet potatoes are a phenomenal blend that really brings out a delicious southwestern-style kick!
Add a bunch of in-season goodies, and give it all a big squeeze of fresh lime juice! YUM.
This Salad is a super hearty, filling, nutritious dish that is a complete meal idea if you’re looking for a #MeatlessMonday option.Makes 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes/yams, peeled and chopped into bite-sized cubes cubes
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 2 Tbsps avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1 cup organic corn, roasted or steamed for a few minutes until crisp-tender
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese of choice, blue cheese, cotija, feta, or cheddar jack
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh lime, juiced