Jump to recipe
Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps + Cilantro Lime Sauce
THESE. ARE. EVERYTHING. Worth changing plans for. Worth inviting company over. Worth staying in to cook.
Worth running out to grab the ingredients right now. Worth a permanent place in your Taco Tuesday plans.
This Cilantro Lime Sauce is SO fantastic! Tangy, creamy & a tad bit sour. PERFECT on the chipotle chicken!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- fresh leaves of romaine, or butter lettuce
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, OR olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chipotle seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- a large handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- pinch of sea salt
In a Ziploc bag or a large glass bowl combine chicken with oil, chipotle seasoning, paprika, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to coat well, seal or cover then refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 6 hours.
Once your chicken is marinated, place all the ingredients of the cilantro lime sauce into a blender, or food processor and pulse until smooth.
Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, until nicely browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool on a plate.
To assemble the wraps, add chicken and chopped veggies onto the lettuce leaves as shown and drizzle with cilantro lime sauce as shown.