Jump to recipe..
Chopped Enchilada Skillet
THIS is one of the BEST Dinners I’ve made in a long time – according to the kids!
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tsp avocado, or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground grass fed beef, or turkey
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed well if using canned
- 4 sprouted corn tortillas, sliced into strips (I love Food for Life brand)
- 12 ounces enchilada sauce – look for minimal ingredients if using store bought
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella or Colby jack, optional
- fresh cilantro, or green onions garnish
Heat oil in large skillet on medium; add onion & beef. Sauté until meat is almost done, then add both squash – cook another 4-5 minutes.
Add spices, fresh corn, beans, tortilla strips, and enchilada sauce. While gently stirring, let heat to a nice bubbly consistency – about 4 more minutes.
Top with cheese & cilantro/green onions if desired.
Leave a Comment Below: