Chopped Mixed Tomato + Crisp Cucumber Salad with Lemony Dill
It has been a little while since I’ve made a BIG chopped salad…you know…this winter thing we have going on right now…
But today, I was walking through Costco, and the fresh veggies and produce looked BEAUTIFUL, so I was inspired to get chopping!
This type of salad is SO VERY interchangeable! So if you don’t love something, leave it out or replace it with something YOU do LOVE. Not a fan of dill?
Try parsley or cilantro. I’m going to serve this alongside some juicy, lemony baked chicken thighs…and call it a wrap for dinner tonight. Makes 6-8 servings
- 3 cups mixed cherry tomatoes and/or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 large, crisp English cucumbers, partially peeled and chopped into moons
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained if using canned
Lemony Dill Dressing:
- 3 fresh lemons, juiced, divided
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- a good handful of chopped fresh dill (4-5 Tablespoons chopped or to taste)
- 2 Tbsps high quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each