Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad
New Year = Back to the Basics.
What is it about the most SIMPLE ingredients, basic combinations, and EASY recipes that we often forget how DELICIOUS they can be?!
Well, here’s a reminder!
As much as I love exciting + creative new recipes…the majority of our meals are really very basic (but DELICIOUS) And I think this is a PERFECT place to begin our New Year!
Keep things SIMPLE!Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken legs, thighs or small breasts (I used skin on, bone-in legs & thighs because they stay juicy!)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 3 stalks crisp celery, chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- a large handful of fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large fresh limes or lemons, juiced
- 2 Tbsps high-quality olive oil
- 1 large clove fresh garlic, minced
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)