Jump to recipe
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
Grain-free, Gluten-free, PACKED with nutrients + DELICIOUS! Makes about 4 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 12 oz cauliflower rice (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- juice of 1 large fresg lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste
Begin by preparing your cauliflower rice.
Use 1 large head of cauliflower and chop into florets.
Pulse for about 10-15 seconds in a food processor – do not over process.
Heat large skillet and 1 Tbsp oil – add cauliflower rice, saute for 5 minutes – remove from the heat, then spread cauliflower “rice” on a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool.
Place rice in a large bowl. Add all vegetables and fresh herbs, and mix well.
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and stir to coat.
Add more salt and lemon pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors combine for a few hours.