Jump to recipe
Chicken “Nachos” Skillet
Here are your Friday Night plans:
Skip the take-out and delivery; instead, make something with TONS of FLAVOR, that satisfies all of those weekend cravings without completely derailing all of your hard work this week!
Makes about 4-5 servings
- 1.5 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 6 slices of nitrate-free bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen organic corn, thawed
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1- 2 jalapenos
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
In a large glass bowl add chicken tenders, with the bell pepper and sprinkle with paprika, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, and pepper.
Mix together with your hands to get all chicken pieces well coated with the seasoning.
Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and bell peppers mixture and cook, stirring for about 8 minutes, or until cooked through and nice golden brown on the outside.
Once all chicken tenders are cooked, arrange them in the skillet as shown, and sprinkle on the toppings: diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, and cheese.
Place entire skillet in your preheated oven and bake until cheese is melted about 4 minutes.
Remove from oven and garnish with green onions and crumbled bacon on top.