Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps + Creamy Avocado Sauce
Looking for something light and SUPER tasty for Dinner tonight?!!!
Well, here you go…packed with fresh Summertime flavors & cooks up fast!
I marinated my chicken for just about an hour, and threw the wraps together in 20 minutes….GO…GO…GO…Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 Tbsps taco seasoning
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps avocado or olive oil, divided
- 8 leaves Romaine or butter lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup organic corn kernels, fresh or frozen – thawed
Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1/4 Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 3 fresh limes, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a glass container with a lid, or Ziploc bag place chicken, 1 Tablespoon of the oil, minced garlic, taco seasoning, a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
Stir to combine and coat chicken well, and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to 6 hours refrigerated.Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken pieces and stir until cooked through and golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.Place all of the avocado sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until creamy. Layer lettuce wraps with chicken, and top with tomatoes, corn, and green onions, as shown. Drizzle with creamy avocado sauce.