Quick 20 Minute Cilantro-Lime Shrimp + Corn Skillet Meal
Because this is especially Delicious in the Summertime!
Use the BEST, most high-quality sweet-corn you can get your hands on – it really makes this meal!Makes 4 delicious servings
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 1/2 a lime, juice, and zest of
- 1 tsp paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 (15 oz) glass jar diced tomatoes, with juice
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 2 cups organic frozen corn kernels
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- lime or lemon wedges, to garnish
Melt ghee/oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in shrimp, garlic, cumin, paprika, lime juice and zest, a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Set shrimp aside for a few minutes.
In the same pan, add the diced tomatoes, corn and a tiny pinch of sea salt and pepper. Stir to combine and turn the heat to medium.
Allow the skillet to simmer for about 8 minutes, or until most of the juice has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
Add the shrimp back in, and stir.
Sprinkle with lots of fresh chopped cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.