Coconut Mango Chicken
Island flava’ = Dinner Tonight! This recipe is also FANTASTIC for #MealPrep
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, or tenders cut into 1/8” slices
- 1 red bell pepper sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps lime juice
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 Tbsps chopped cilantro or parsley to garnish
- fresh lime wedges to garnish
Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet until very hot.
Add chicken and cook while stirring, just until pieces start to brown, then add peppers, and all seasonings, then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in coconut milk, lime juice and cook while stirring, just until chicken is cooked and sauce is heated through.
Top with fresh mango and garnish with fresh parsley/cilantro.
Serve with cooked brown rice.