Honey Sesame Stir Fry
Every single one of our kids LOVED this stir-fry… so its definitely going into our meal plans all Summer.
As always it comes together super easy, and one-pan means minimal cleanup!Makes about 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, or tenders cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil, divided
- 3 large pepper bells, different colors, diced large (I used red + yellow)
- 1 large onion, chopped into big chunks
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/4 raw cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth, or stock
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp gluten-free flour
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
Add in bell peppers and garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan, then add in chicken and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 8 minutes or so, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a small glass bowl whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
Return veggies and add the sauce to the pan and cook, stirring for 2 more minutes until heated through and the sauce thickens a bit.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. I served this over brown rice, but quinoa would also be awesome!