Mango Salsa Chicken Bowls
Raise your hand if you’re dreaming about long SUN-shiny days of Summer?! ME!
Since we’re not quite there yet, and there’s no island vacations in my near future (hopefully there is in YOURS!), WE CAN make these bright Mango Salsa + Chicken Bowls.
ABSOLUTELY guaranteed to brighten up our dinner-game, and moods tonight! Mango is low in calories yet high in nutrients — especially vitamin C, which aids immunity, and iron absorption among other benefits!
Mango also contains several qualities that make it excellent for digestive health, because of the digestive enzymes it contains that help to break down food.
Mango contains lots of water, and dietary fiber – all very necessary for healthy digestion. Mango is also high in antioxidants.
So not only is mango completely DELICIOUS in our smoothies, salads, and salsas…but it’s something we can feel GREAT about eating!Makes 2 servings/bowls
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, lightly pounded to an even thickness
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil, divided
- 1 small ripe avocado, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 4 cups salad greens of choice
- 2-3 Tbsps fresh lime juice
Homemade Mango Salsa:
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled pitted and cubed
- a small handful of fresh mint or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- pinch of sea salt and pepper