One pan, dinner is done and the flavor is out of this world! 🍽 🙂
Makes 4 servings
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 fresh lemon
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- In a shallow dish, combine chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, herbs and salt. Toss to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a skillet (pick one that has a lid) over medium-low heat until the pan is hot. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until the sides of the chicken start to turn white.
- Flip chicken over and squeeze half the lemon over the top of each chicken breast. Cover pan with the lid and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Squeeze the rest of the lemon into the pan and pour in the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and add rice. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 5 minutes until the rice has absorbed all the stock.
- Chop basil and tomatoes. Slice chicken diagonally. Remove the lid and layer chicken, basil, feta and tomatoes on plates.
Enjoy! ❤ Rachel