Pizza Baked Chicken
Here’s a FUN idea for you to try out on the weekend with friends and family!
It’s family approved, so just add your favorite veggie or salad and you’ve got yourself a meal for the whole crew!
Tag me in your creations @CleanFoodCrush!Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-4 small breasts)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 15-ounce jar organic crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup. high quality, fresh shredded mozzarella, or a very thin slice of mozzarella to
- top each breast like I did!
- 1/4 c. mini or regular pepperoni, nitrate free
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
Heat oil in a large OVEN SAFE skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, season with sea salt and pepper, then sear until golden, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic to skillet.
Cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, and basil. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Return chicken to skillet and arrange it nicely among the sauce.
Top chicken with mozzarella and pepperoni, then place entire skillet in your preheated oven, and bake until cooked through and no longer pink in the inside, about 15 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil.