Sydney’s Favorite Saucy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1.5 lbs. large raw shrimp, shelled* and de-veined, (I like to keep the tail on for presentation)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter, or ghee
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine (dry white wine/Sauvignon Blanc OR vegetable stock)
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large sauté pan on high heat then reduce to medium high. Stir butter and oil around the pan. Sauté garlic, red pepper flakes, for a minute or two.
- Add the wine and shrimp, stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce.
- Lay shrimp so they are in an even layer in the pan. Increase the heat to high and bring the wine to a boil for two minutes.
- Turn shrimp to cook on the other side, continue to cook on high heat for another minute.
- Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper.
© Copyright Clean Food Crush ® LLC 2014-2019 - Rachel Maser - CleanFoodCrush.com