We have received a TON of fresh snow here in the Salt Lake valley (finally!)
So my plans involve lots of cooking in our warm kitchen, and a little bit of snowshoeing with our 6 teenagers + golden-doodle pup over the weekend!
Please get out there and enjoy the beautiful day with someone you love!
Oh yah…and make these delicious skinny “buns” egg sandwiches for any meal this week!
Loaded with nutrients and satisfying healthy fats…all ready in about 10 minutes!
Makes 2 servings
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 1 small ripe avocado, lightly mashed
- 2-3 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked to your liking
- 2 Tbsps shredded cheese (optional)
- coconut or avocado oil cooking spray
- Place a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, then arrange inside 4 mason jar lids (centers removed).
- Lightly spray with cooking spray. Very gently crack eggs into the centers of the lids and lightly whisk with a fork to break up the yolk.
- Pour water around the lids and cover the pan. Cook on low heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until the egg is just set.
- Remove lid and top eggs with cheese if you like.
- Cook until the cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute more.
- Gently flip the egg “bun” side without the cheese onto the plate. Top with mashed avocado and cooked bacon.
- Assemble as shown, and enjoy!